Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Open Letter to Amazon about Social Reading

My first few minutes, with Kindle for Mac:

I can't copy paste (which I get, you're trying to protect the book), but I also can't copy and paste a quote to twitter (share).

Are you interested in social reading or not? On my kindle I can share, I have to push alt-ent to do so, which is absurd, but at least it has the option.

SOCIAL READING. I need to be able to share what I'm reading, otherwise I may as well just read a hardback book.

and the locking out of copy and paste is a huge offense to anybody that's writing a research paper and attempting to quote a book (which is fair use). Your shortsightedness is ruining the improvements that technology is attempting to make to books.

Get on board or get out of the way.


Thomas


PS: You still haven't added large text to the menus of the kindle, so I still can't get one for my grandma because she can't read the menus. I can't believe you're on version 3 and you haven't figured that out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment