Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sharing a quote should actually share a quote

Sure sure, we all know you want to link us to your Amazon website so you can sell ads for pageviews, but it's not going to work if the people can only read my note (and hey! stop discriminating against people who loaded their own ebooks, many times the filename contains the title and author name and can help other people identify the quote and share the knowledge, which is really what this is all about. Sharing quotes without attribution is wrong. And making me type it in the note with your goofy keyboard every time is repetitious and each time my cite gets lazier, thus my lede for the quote gets lamer and lamer and you get less pageviews), and not the first 140 characters of my interesting text that I'm trying to share. Share the interesting text and people will click on the short link that follows... not the other way round.

No comments:

Post a Comment