Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kindle for Mac: Multipage Highlighting still impossible, Too many page advance buttons and bookmark button still ridiculous

As I complained on December 12, 2010, it's impossible to do a multipage highlight on the mac and I had to yet again resort to creating two separate highlights that straddle the page.

It's also annoying the way clicking on the page advances the page.  I think we've already got enough ways to advance the page, and could do with a few less.  When I click on the page I'm trying to get the cursor to go away so I can get back to reading.  This does not need to advance the page.  Also the mouse wheel does not need to advance the page.  I really can't read that fast.  Advance the page if the user clicks in the gutter next to the page, not the page.  Advance the page on space bar, right arrow and that's more than enough ways to advance the page.

Also, clicking "+" to add a new bookmark instead of pushing the bookmark button is still ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment